|Height||7.9" (20 cm) Note|
|Width||21" (53.2 cm)|
|Depth||11.5" (29.2 cm)|
|Crossover Frequencies||1.7 kHz|
|High-frequency Driver Components||1” (2.5 cm) Aluminum Tweeter with Acoustic Lens Waveguide|
|Nominal Impedance||8 Ohms|
|Input Connections||Binding Posts|
|Low Frequency Extension||-10dB@46Hz -6dB@62Hz -3dB@80Hz|
|Low-frequency Driver Components||Dual 5.25” (13.3 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast-frame Woofers|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||50-120|
REVEL PERFORMA3 C205- CENTER SPEAKER
REVEL C205 – CENTRE SPEAKER
Revel C205 low-frequency transducers and midrange transducer feature distortion reduction mechanisms that stabilize the flux field during operation, assuring low distortion even at high listening volumes.
These precision transducers utilize ribbed aluminum cones for ideal piston-like behavior that eliminates a major source of resonances that are clearly audible in most other loudspeakers. Their cast aluminum frames eliminate another source of resonances that is common in many lesser-quality loudspeakers.
The C205 tweeter has been created around a newly-designed motor and dome assembly that sets a new standard of transparency for the Performa3 category. The tweeter’s integrated acoustic lens waveguide is based on a breakthrough mathematical approach that accurately matches the tweeter’s dispersion to that of the midrange transducer in the crossover region.
This gives the loudspeaker very smooth sound far off-axis – an important contributor to overall sound quality, providing consistent sound over an exceptionally wide listening area. In fact, this new waveguide actually increases the tweeter’s dispersion at higher frequencies.
- Transducers feature motor-system distortion-reduction mechanisms that stabilize the flux field during operation
- Ribbed aluminum cones achieve piston like behavior eliminating major sources of resonance
- New waveguides provide consistent sound over a wide listening area
- Enclosures created by Italian luxury cabinetmakers
- Fluid-model port designs keep distortion low
- Advanced crossovers optimize timbre accuracy both on axis and throughout the room